Kittitas Interactive Management © 2019 All rights reserved.
Supported Living Services (SLS) entail of a broad range of services to adults with developmental disabilities. The Individual Program Plan (IPP) process, assist in the choice to live in homes they themselves own or lease in the Yakima and Ellensburg communities. These services help adults exercise meaningful choice and control in their daily lives. Supported Living Services (SLS) are created to help adults nurture meaningful relationships, Develop a participating member of the Yakima and Ellensburg community and coach them toward their personal goals.
These may be life-long plans, Supported Living Services are offered for as long and as often as needed, with the ability required to meet a persons’ ever-changing needs, without regard solely to the level of disability.
Usually, a supported living service agency works with the adult to establish and maintain a stable, safe, and independent life in his or her own home. It could also be possible for some adults to supervise their services themselves, to secure the maximum possible level of personal independence. Kittitas Interactive Management recognizes that no two living situations are alike, and that means, every adult’s “program” is tailored for his or her specific needs.
Our supported living services include:
- General daily activities and emergencies;
- Adults will be supported in living arrangements which are typical of those in which persons without disabilities reside.
- Cultivating a participating member in the community,
- Management of personal financial affairs, and other types of support.
- Adult’s preference shall guide decisions concerning where and with whom he or she lives.
- The services or supports shall be flexible and tailored to an individual’s needs and preferences.
- Obtain household furnishings and supplies;
- The services or supports that an individual receives shall change as his or her needs change.
It was once taught that people with challenging behaviors couldn’t be supported in their communities. Kittitas Interactive Management understands that these types of behaviors are often symptoms of trauma and other treatable causes and has been proven that with therapeutic supports, people previously thought to be bound to the hospital settings can be supported fully and safely in the community.