Supported Living Services (SLS) entail a broad range of services to adults with developmental disabilities. The Individual Program Plan (IPP) process, assist in the choice to live in homes they themselves own or lease in the Yakima and Ellensburg communities. These services help adults exercise meaningful choice and control in their daily lives. Supported Living Services (SLS) are created to help adults nurture meaningful relationships, Develop a participating member of the Yakima and Ellensburg community and coach them toward their personal goals.
These may be life-long plans, Supported Living Services are offered for as long and as often as needed, with the ability required to meet a person’s ever-changing needs, without regard solely to the level of disability.
Usually, a supported living service agency works with the adult to establish and maintain a stable, safe, and independent life in his or her own home. It could also be possible for some adults to supervise their services themselves, to secure the maximum possible level of personal independence. Kittitas Interactive Management recognizes that no two living situations are alike, and that means, every adult’s “program” is tailored to his or her specific needs.
Our supported living services include:
- General daily activities and emergencies;
- Adults will be supported in living arrangements that are typical of those in which persons without disabilities reside.
- Cultivating a participating member in the community,
- Management of personal financial affairs, and other types of support.
- Adult preference shall guide decisions concerning where and with whom he or she lives.
- The services or supports shall be flexible and tailored to an individual’s needs and preferences.
- Obtain household furnishings and supplies;
- The services or support that an individual receives shall change as his or her needs change.
It was once taught that people with challenging behaviors couldn’t be supported in their communities. Kittitas Interactive Management understands that these types of behaviors are often symptoms of trauma and other treatable causes and has been proven that with therapeutic supports, people previously thought to be bound to the hospital settings can be supported fully and safely in the community.
Why Supportive Living Services?
The availability of residential supportive living services in Central Washington is an important resource for adults with developmental disabilities who wish to continue living in their own homes. These services provide assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and meal preparation, as well as access to healthcare and other support services.
The benefits of this type of service are numerous. First and foremost, it allows individuals with developmental disabilities to maintain their independence and continue living in their own homes. This can help to preserve their dignity and sense of self-worth and can also be more cost-effective than other forms of housing assistance.
- Allows individuals to continue living in their own homes, rather than moving into a more restrictive or institutionalized setting.
- Helps to maintain a sense of independence and dignity.
- Can be more cost-effective than other forms of housing assistance.
- Provides a sense of community and social support.
- Offers ongoing training and support to help residents develop new skills and improve their independence.
- Coordinates access to healthcare services as needed.
- Encourages residents to participate in social activities and community events.
- Works with family members and other caregivers to ensure that residents receive the support they need.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of residents’ care and progress.
Additionally, residential supportive living services often provide a sense of community and social support, which can be especially beneficial for individuals who may be isolated or have limited social connections. These services can also provide ongoing training and support to help residents develop new skills and improve their independence.
In Central Washington, the availability of residential supportive living services can make a significant difference in the lives of adults with developmental disabilities. These services can help to ensure that individuals have access to the support they need to continue living independently and enjoying a high quality of life.